Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Looks like it's me and you again tonite" / a doozy, a lulu, a humdinger

Over the weeks many of my fans, one at a time, have said "Musk, it would be quite the spiritual experience for me if you told me a parable." After looking up suitable synonyms for "parable" at thesaurus.com and arriving at words meaning the same thing or at least somewhat close to the same thing, that I'm mostly in tune with [see list], I'll gladly do one of the following synonyms for my legions of fans at a later date, AFTER I find a staff [12 would be great, but not required], another staff [big wooden stick], a ratty old bathrobe, after I quit clipping my toenails, and washing my hair, and brushing my teeth. Like John the Baptist and/or a smelly old ape, I will inspire the uninspired.*




Synonyms:

- allegory, apologue,
- bestiary, bunk*,
- crock,
- fabrication, fairy story, fairy tale, falsehood,
- fantasy, fib, fiction, figment,
- fish story,
- hogwash,
- invention,
- legend, lie,
- myth,
- old chestnut, old saw,
- parable,
- romance,
- tale, tall
- story,
- untruth,
- white lie, whopper,
- yarn
Antonyms: fact, history

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/parable
Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus -

I leave you with this immoral song about self gratification:





* For reasons not apparent to me, God prefers enlightening odious little hoseheads with bad breath, bad teeth, bad hair, and long toenails

No comments: