I've been doing a lot studying up on this conflict between Russia and Georgia.
If I understand things correctly and according to some very reliable bullshit, Russia invaded Georgia because Georgian troops were in South Ossetia kissing babies, helping little old ladies across the street, and handing out sandwiches to the homeless . . . and NOT massacring people.
With that in mind, and in light of these completely one sided atrocities committed by Russian troops, I think the best strategy the US should take is to NOT go to the same meetings Russia will be attending. After all, Russia's standing in the world has been substantially besmirched because they invaded another country, and who wants to sit at the same table with a nation whose standing in the world has been substantially besmirched because they invaded another country? I mean other than the nations that have to sit down at meetings with us . . . at the same table. I wonder if the other nations are in lock-step with Bush because they want to be . . . or have to be? Or perhaps they might be thinking that this is just one more gigantic example of Bush’s gross incompetence.
On the surface, things aren't always what they appear to be.
I leave you with this:
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment